Unsure where to send a problem? Contact the Catalog Problems e-mail box at email@example.com
Please consult the list below to determine which staff to contact in the Resource Description Services Department to address particular problems or issues.
Affiliate Libraries: Greg Allen
Authorities: Nathan St. Croix, University of Florida NACO Coordinator
- Ex: You find a cross-reference in the catalog that leads nowhere; you find records for works by J.D. Salinger under Salinger, J.D. … and under Salinger, Jerome David … in the library catalog.
FLARE Transfers: Catalog Problems
Government Documents records: Jody Hewitt
- Ex.: The year is wrong in the record.
- Ex.: I can’t find the print record for this government document
Health Science Center Library cataloging: Greg Allen
Miscataloged materials and other cataloging related issues: Catalog Problems
- Ex: All the other volumes in this series are classed together, but this one’s classed separately.
- Ex.: The Alma record for a book has no subject headings at all.
- Ex.: A book has been given a QA call number, but you’re sure it should be QC.
Serials Added Volumes:
- No open order: Nathan St. Croix
- Serials without records in Alma (i.e., new serial titles): Nathan St. Croix
Serial title changes: Nathan St. Croix
New materials (not yet cataloged; not gifts): Catalog Problems
- Ex: You find a book in someone’s office that is owned by the library but is uncataloged or you decide an uncataloged foreign document should be cataloged.
Post-cataloging & Alma Problems: Catalog Problems
- Ex: You have a book to be withdrawn, transferred, or reclassified from Dewey to LC; you have a book with an unlinked item record.
- Ex.: There is a typo in the title on Alma.
- Ex.: You can’t find the record for a cataloged book on Alma.
Processing & Labeling Problems: Sam Fraleigh
- Ex.: You find a book whose label has fallen off.
- Ex.: The book belongs in LAC, but does not have a + above the call number.
Rush Requests: Sam Fraleigh
- Ex: A patron asks you about the Rush Request he turned in previously.
UFDC Records: Xiaoli Ma
- Ex: The date of the interview is wrong; I need to ask someone to correct it.
- Ex: I was told I can find this newspaper on UFDC, but I cannot. Can someone help me?
Have a question for someone in the Acquisitions & Collections Services Department, Government Documents Cataloging Unit, or the Florida Academic Repository (FLARE)? Contact information can be found on their sites.